On Thursday 19 May, the Laurentic Forum will take place for two hours. a workshop on seaweed utilization in the Arctic, which starts at 12:00 Icelandic time.
The state of algae utilization worldwide, as well as in Canada (Newfoundland & Labrador), Iceland, the Faroe Islands, Ireland and Norway, will be briefly reviewed. Opportunities for collaboration and possible funding in research funds related to this article will be presented, and finally discussions will take place.
More information and registration Laurentic Froum website
- Paul Dobbins, Senior Director of Impact Investing and Ecosystems Services, Aquaculture, World Wildlife Federation
- Jónas R. Viðarsson, Director of Division of Value Creation, Matis Icelandic Food and Biotech R&D
- Kate Burns, Founder and CEO, Islander Rathlin Kelp
- Olavur Gregersen, Managing Director, Ocean Rainforest Faroe Islands
- Anne Marit Bjørnflaten, Co-owner, Oceanfood AS North Norway
- Cyr Courtourier, Aquaculture Scientist, Fisheries and Marine Institute of Memorial University
- Stein Arne Ranes, Senior Advisor, Department of Industry and Economic Development, Troms and Finnmark County Council
- Moderator - Keith Hutchings, Executive Director of the Canadian Center for Fisheries Innovation
The Laurentic Forum is a network of companies and institutions in the North Atlantic that aims to increase cooperation in the field of research, innovation and job creation in the blue economy within the region, with a special emphasis on "broken settlements".
On behalf of Iceland, Matís, Sjávarklasinn, Byggðastofnun and Þekkingarsetur Vestmannaeyja are members of the steering committee of Laurentic Forum.
Learn more about the event or the Laurentic Forum firstname.lastname@example.org